Keep Moving Forward.

I AM

tee.
Ij, Cj, Nus.
God, Family, Friends.

"Lord, I choose not to be downcast, I choose not to be disturbed, I choose to put my hope in You."
- Psalm 42:11


Listen
Landslide
- Fleetwood Mac


Accomplish
To watch Wicked! The Musical
in London and US


Speak

See
Class 1To7 'o4!
Legion!
One50!
Alex!
Alicia!!
Alison!
Ambrose!
Andrea!!
AK!
Auddie!
Cherie Tokkie!
Daniel Lim!
Hui Luan!!
Imran!
James K!
Joanne!
Jojo Mojo!!
Kristin!
Maria!
Mark!
Mei mei!!!
Ming!
Sandra xiaopenyou!
Sarah Marie!
Selina!!
Stephanie!
Sylvia!!
TK!
Wes!
Wing!!

Candidflair(Our Shop!!! :D)
Alluring Apparel (Auddie's shop!)
Doptadoodle (Waifu & Angie's shop!)
Fuss Over Me (Rian's shop!)
Miss Monochrome (Joanne's shop!)
My Secret Summer (Johanna's shop!)
Leafs of Grass (Josephine's shop!)

Archive
»October 2006
»November 2006
»December 2006
»January 2007
»February 2007
»March 2007
»April 2007
»May 2007
»June 2007
»July 2007
»August 2007
»September 2007
»October 2007
»November 2007
»December 2007
»January 2008
»February 2008
»March 2008
»April 2008
»May 2008
»June 2008
»July 2008
»August 2008
»September 2008
»October 2008
»November 2008
»December 2008
»January 2009
»February 2009
»March 2009
»April 2009
»May 2009
»June 2009
»July 2009
»August 2009
»September 2009
»October 2009
»November 2009
»December 2009
»January 2010
»February 2010
»March 2010
»April 2010
»May 2010
»June 2010
»July 2010
»August 2010
»September 2010
»October 2010
»November 2010
»December 2010
»February 2011
»March 2011
»April 2011
»June 2011
»August 2011

Credits
Layout : Janani.
Headers : LikeWhoa.
so let's talk about God.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008

so let's talk about God.
Pluggin' into: All you need is Love by Lynden David Hall

Today, Josephine flew off to Korea for her exchange programme. I'm gonna miss her.

After sending her off at the airport, Vincent and I decided to go to Alex's place, just to chill and hang out. We had a rather insightful conversation, while sipping experimental cocktails which we have aptly named 'the Gardener' (ingredients were Absolut Vodaka Kurant, lemon barley, brown sugar, lime and basil leaves. It turned out quite pleasant, if the vodka is poured in the right proportions :P) and the topic of God came up. and I must say.. I'm very impressed with my godbro :) This is what he told us he presented, during a section of the CJC retreat called "Who am I?"

"God is love. Hence, I am made from love, for love. and ultimately, I am made not only to be the embodiment of love, but to be part of love."

It was really a WOW! moment for me. How beautifully described. and this was what entered his mind after praying about his retreat. It is really God calling.

We went on to the topic of spiritual drought, where I asked them.. what is spiritual drought anyway? I heard a lot of people mentioning about it, and as such I am sympathetic. However, thinking about it.. to me, it seemed so.. intangible.

The two guys then gave me their points of views. About how it is a downward spiral, where you feel that there's no difference between a Christian and a non-Christian, where you don't feel God, and where you don't feel his presence in all that you do, and you just feel tired.

I guess.. in that sense I can understand. However.. in my opinion.. a relationship with God is like any relationship. You love, and you are committed. This entails that no matter what happens, you weather it all through and stay with each other. With these two crucial aspects.. you and your relationship will be able to grow and better yourselves. Upon this.. you reach fulfillment.

It made me reflect on my own relationship with God. Honestly.. my relationship with Him is.. casual. Yet.. somehow.. I do feel comfortable. Like.. I know He is there. and he does do the little things sometimes, like making the bus come just after I arrive at the bus-stop, or stopping the rain just when I leave my house. I'm not too sure if I'm growing.. but I know that He is always there. and.. that itself is a comfort.

My godbro talked about the importance of doing all things with God. Not for him, but With him. and he described that it really helps if you place yourself in Jesus's shoes, and do as He would, which is to love and not to be judgmental. What would Jesus do?

Which.. makes me realise.. that it is really, all about perspective. The way you choose to see things and how to approach them. and.. if you see things through God, you start to see a lot of good in people. and perhaps, you see things that are unloving, and as such, can do something about it.

I realise.. that along the line, I have become rather judgmental, which have affected my actions and my thoughts. I label people as a certain characteristic and just let the label stick. However.. people are not cans of produce, where the contents are exactly as the label indicates (usually and hopefully, rofl :P) People are so much more complex than that. and.. the bottom line is.. that people respond to love.

As my godbro nails it home.. no matter what religion you come from.. ultimately, it's all about love.

Love one another as I have loved you.


(back to the top.)