|
Keep Moving Forward. I AM
Ij, Cj, Nus. God, Family, Friends. "Lord, I choose not to be downcast, I choose not to be disturbed, I choose to put my hope in You." - Psalm 42:11 Listen
- Fleetwood Mac Accomplish
in London and US Speak
See
Legion! One50! Alex! Alicia!! Alison! Ambrose! Andrea!! AK! Auddie! Cherie Tokkie! Daniel Lim! Hui Luan!! Imran! James K! Joanne! Jojo Mojo!! Kristin! Maria! Mark! Mei mei!!! Ming! Sandra xiaopenyou! Sarah Marie! Selina!! Stephanie! Sylvia!! TK! Wes! Wing!! Candidflair(Our Shop!!! :D) Alluring Apparel (Auddie's shop!) Doptadoodle (Waifu & Angie's shop!) Fuss Over Me (Rian's shop!) Miss Monochrome (Joanne's shop!) My Secret Summer (Johanna's shop!) Leafs of Grass (Josephine's shop!) Archive
»October 2006»November 2006 »December 2006 »January 2007 »February 2007 »March 2007 »April 2007 »May 2007 »June 2007 »July 2007 »August 2007 »September 2007 »October 2007 »November 2007 »December 2007 »January 2008 »February 2008 »March 2008 »April 2008 »May 2008 »June 2008 »July 2008 »August 2008 »September 2008 »October 2008 »November 2008 »December 2008 »January 2009 »February 2009 »March 2009 »April 2009 »May 2009 »June 2009 »July 2009 »August 2009 »September 2009 »October 2009 »November 2009 »December 2009 »January 2010 »February 2010 »March 2010 »April 2010 »May 2010 »June 2010 »July 2010 »August 2010 »September 2010 »October 2010 »November 2010 »December 2010 »February 2011 »March 2011 »April 2011 »June 2011 »August 2011 Credits
|
my internal battle with pride. Thursday, January 29, 2009 Pluggin' into: You Gotta Be by Desiree Pride seems to be the one thing that protects you. After all, it makes sure that you never back down. It enforces your beliefs and your values. It allows you to stand firm. It retaliates instantly upon being questioned. It makes sure you don't get bullied, and shows that you don't take shit from anyone. It looks out for your self-interest. So why does it feel so vicious? I don't think I've ever felt pride so strongly before, in general. It makes me wonder why. I am apprehensive about it. I worry that it blinds me from things, that it leads me to make hasty judgments on people. It makes me keep to myself. Am I just watching out for myself? or have I become jaded? On a brighter note, it's been a sweet chinese new year so far. It's non-stop feasting! I went with my family to Malaysia to visit my relatives- the road trips are quite fun and funny (: Came back and visited more relatives. It was a major boost to my finances too :) Speaking of which, I am proud to say, I worked within budget this month (: It's the hardest time, but I felt a great sense of achievement. The value of money. Thanks HL & Ali, my consultants :P Ser for support. Also to the cjc girls and friends, for understanding :) On the entertainment side, I'm now at Season 6 of Friends. Still hating Ross & Rachel, though she does get some good lines in occasionally. I watched the One with the Backstage. Man, making Friends is a lot of work! They have 12 writers, so as to ensure that constant funny lines can be churned out. A lot of interaction between the writers, the producerts, the casts & the live audience. Fantastic. I wanna have fun at work when I grow up too :P I'm still reading Long Way Around by Ewan McGreggor & Charley Boorman [it is a long way, HAHA]. I'm watching Nodame Cantabile Special online. I'm waiting for an early day in the week to watch Kamikaze Girls in school [yes, nus occasionally does have its perks] Oh yeah, just remembered - gotta continue generation X too. and check out that American writer in Life! today [ironic, because he just passed away.] He sounds very interesting, and man he's handsome in his youth (: Gotta blast. Battery consumption monitoring in progress :P Can't wait to be home. | |